Monday, October 11, 2010

Innocence



INNOCENCE
Tami Gardner



Innocence do u remember me?.....In my youth you were my friend...in your truth I confided my every thought...I bathed in your simplicity.... in your light I found solice and drank of your spotless cup...Where did you run to my companion my friend? Was it I who abandoned you...or did you find the heart of another..?.....Void of corruption of evil intent you covered me in your blanket of peace and hid my eyes from the wicked one...As an imposter... he decieved me with his tounge...by his lips he decieves even himself...His heart a blind guide...his soul spoiled by the seed of his own corruption....In his lies I found decay....like a tumbleweed on dry ground were his words to my soul...empty and void like the depths of the abyss...He sifts me like wheat...like an empty mirage he thirsts for my demise....his intent is only for self...his pleasure, my corruption...in my fathers hand I find redemption...in his heart I find grace....like clay to the potter am I in the hands of my Maker....purge the pain from my inner man or from this death spring forth life...from the deepest depths of my soul lies his dwelling place...Like a parched land, a desert facing drought....I thirst for my innocence the Lover of my soul...The Lord God Almighty is his name.....

No comments:

Post a Comment